KARACHI: The LUX Style Awards office has finally announced their nominations in 28 categories for the LUX Style Awards 2020. This ceremony will be its 19th celebration since LSA’s inception.
Owing to the new normal, jurors voted for the four categories online, the process being overseen by auditors, PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC). At the start of 2020, the LUX team had announced that they would be postponing the event, promising their support for the affectees of the on-going pandemic in the entertainment and fashion industry. The show funds have been directed to support the impacted ones through their partnership with the Akhuwat Foundation.
Director of Beauty and Personal Care at Unilever Pakistan, Asima Haq supported the stance by saying, “Earlier this year, we took a call to redirect funds to support those who have worked tirelessly to make LSA the legacy that it is today. Through this decision, we were able to support some of the groups in the entertainment industry that were worst impacted by the pandemic. However, keeping up with the LSA vision of honoring and recognizing exceptional work in the fields of fashion, music, television, and drama, we will be awarding the coveted LSA trophies to the winners this year.”
LSA is an award ceremony that has been looked up to by many Pakistani artists as their goal where they see their talents and skills appreciated and rewarded. The ceremony is not just another glamourous event, but a 20-year long celebration of all Pakistani produced content in the film, drama and fashion industries.
A virtual ceremony will be curated in order to announce the esteemed winners for the 19th LUX Style Awards – 2020.
Some of the most anticipated for nominations for Lux Style Awards 2020 are:
- Model of the Year (Female) including Alicia Khan, Fahmeen Ansari, Mushk Kaleem, and the late Zara Abid.
- Model of the Year (Male), which includes Aimal Khan, Champ Imi, Hasnain Lehri, Shahzad Noor, and Waleed Siddiqui.
- Best Film which enlists Baaji – Produced by Saqib Malik at Page 33 Films, Laal Kabootar – Produced by Hania Chima and Kamil Chima, Parey Hut Love – Produced by Asim Raza at The Vision Factory Films, Ready Steady No! – Produced by Hisham Bin Munawar, and Superstar – Produced by Momina Duraid at MD Productions.
- Singer of the Year which nominates Ali Pervaiz for Unkahi, Ali Sethi for Chaandani Raat, Haadia Hashmi for Bol Hu, Saakin for Aj Sik Mitraan Di, and Shehroze Hussain for Qurbaan
- Nominations for the best play include Aangan – HUM TV, Cheekh – ARY Digital, Ishq Zah e Naseeb – HUM TV, Meray Paas Tum Ho – ARY Digital, Ranjha Ranjha Kardi – HUM TV.