KARACHI: Movember is an annual event during which men grow out their moustache and beards (hence, the name) as an act of solidarity and to raise awareness for men’s healthcare, which includes prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. Founded in Australia in 2003 by Travis Garone and Luke Slattery, who were inspired by the strength shown by women owning up to the breast cancer issues and awareness. Speaking of which, the all-heart trendy tagline for Movember is: ‘Gow a Mo, save a Bro’.
Tthe rules are pretty simple if you want to pledge for real:
1. Put away your razors for 30 days and donate the money which you would otherwise spend on personal grooming and barbershop shenanigans.
2. You might also wanna consider shaving your already brooding beard on November 1 to start fresh.
3. Consider motivating your peers at work or otherwise and draw the circle of change.
4. Team up with great minds, take preventable action, and create solutions.
5. Let your facial whiskers grow wild and free
For inspirational purposes, here are some Pakistani ‘Mo stylers’ you can feast your eyes on: