KARACHI: Twitter user Aalia Almed has started an epic thread, asking, “What is your favourite quote by a brown woman?” The responses were brilliant, of course. While most of them are movie quotes, there are a few gems in there.
Check it out:
1. This dialogue from Kangana Ranaut starrer Queen
“Mera sense of humour bohat he acha hai, aapko dheere dheere pata chalega.”
If you’ve seen the film you’ll know why all her dialogues from the film were hilarious and have such great recall value.
2. Of course, how could you not mention Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?
“Kuch kuch hota hai, Rahul. Tum nahi samjhogey.”
3. There was also Sri Devi’s quote from English Vinglish about the patriarchy and double standards
4. Then there were non-movie quotes. Hilarious AF
For instance, this rightfully irritated woman being asked to make roti by her husband
5. And our all time favourite quote by any brown woman ever.
“Yeh bik hai gormint … Gormint main kuch nahi bacha hai”
Tell us your favourite quotes by brown women?