KARACHI: Titled ‘Knowledge is Bulletproof,’ the world’s first bulletproof book has 150 pages and is bound with a layering of bullet-resistant Kevlar XP fiber that has the capacity to fight off a 9mm bullet that has been fired from as close as 5 meters.
Here’s why you should care:
1. The book tells the stories of the two girls, Shazia Ramzan and Kainat Riaz, who were shot alongside Malala Yousafzai in 2012.
2. It is part of a project designed by SOC Outreach (headed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy) to raise awareness regarding the importance of girls’ education.
3. The book has been penned down by Pakistani journalist Sanam Maher, who is also in the process of releasing her book on Qandeel Baloch.
4. It features photographs taken by photographer, Insiya Syed.
5. ‘Knowledge is Bulletproof’ will be a limited edition collector’s item that will be auctioned to raise funds.